199games wants to ensure that its clients gamble in a responsible manner. We acknowledge that gambling can be addictive to some and affect their lives negatively. Since we care for our clients, and want online gaming to be an enjoyable experience, we offer various measures for a client to gamble in a responsible manner. These can be set by the client and include the following:
- Set Limits on Deposits
- Set Limits on wagers and losses
- Set limits on session time
- Self-exclude for a definite period of time
At 199games we believe that sports betting, poker and casino games should be played for fun and entertainment. However, we also realise that gambling can be addictive and there is a risk you could develop an addiction.
When a gambler loses the sense of fun that casual gambling is meant to generate it means that he has a problem. He may begin to look at gambling as a way to make money or worse still he keeps on gambling to try and win back money he had previously lost. He often believes that he has special luck or abilities or that his luck may be about to change. When you gamble not just for that rush and you find yourself chasing losses and betting more, the result is a vicious circle of increasing losses and increased betting to recover the losses.
For many people gambling is exciting and entertaining. They make careful decisions about how to spend their time and money, where to go and how to have fun.
Responsible Gambling Tips
Here is how you can control your gambling:
- Decide on a loss limit ahead of time and stick to it
- Low-risk gambling is a way of playing with very little chance of losing control. The key to low-risk gambling is to realize that "it's only a game"
- Never borrow money to gamble
- Set a time limit
- Take frequent breaks
- Balance gambling with other activities
- Don't gamble when highly stressed, depressed, intoxicated or troubled in some other way
- Only gamble with money set aside for entertainment, never with money for everyday expenses.
You can realize you have a problem:
- If you are leaving your family alone for long periods of time, in order to gamble
- If you arguing frequently with your partner about spending too much time and money on gambling and find that you cannot stop or limit yourself
- If you are gambling family money needed for rent/mortgage, schooling, medical purposes, groceries, clothes, or heat
- If you feel you have to gamble to get to spend time with people you understand When you are with your family, at work or at social events, you find that your are constantly thinking about your next bet
- If you look at gambling as a way of making money fast
- If your answer to any of the above is “YES” then we suggest that you take action immediately BEFORE it becomes a worse problem. There are many organizations that may help you to control your problem.
Actions to takeAccount Closure:
Whilst most customers are able to enjoy their gambling, we recognise that for a very small number of customers gambling ceases to be fun. For those customers who wish to restrict their gambling, we provide an Account Closure service to close their account or accounts to do so. Accounts may be re-opened at a later date but only if the request is made in writing and after a 24hour cooling off period. If you require information relating to this facility please contact Customer Services via the help section of our website.
At 199games we offer a self-exclusion option enabling customers to close their account or accounts for a minimum period of 24 hours up to 3 months as requested. If you wish to decrease or revoke a limit, 199games will require seven days notice. However if the exclusion is extended or the limit made more stringent this will be implemented immediately. If you require more information, please contact Customer Services via the help section of our website.
Players who have self-imposed limits or exclusions and wish to decrease or revoke a limit will only be able to utilize such limits after seven days after 199games has received such a notice. However if the exclusion is extended or the limit made more stringent this will be implemented immediately.
Protection of Minors
With the Internet so readily accessible in homes around the world, responsible online gambling relies heavily on responsible parenting. In order to ensure child safety on the Net, The Casino encourages its Players to make use of filtering software to prevent minors from accessing inappropriate online material. Underage gambling is not only illegal, but can also result in gambling dependencies and huge gambling debts incurred by unsupervised children.
Tips for Parents:
- Do not leave your computer unattended when your casino software is running
- Password-protect your Casino program
- Do not allow persons under 18 to participate in any gambling activity
- Keep your Casino/Poker Room account number and credit card(s) out of the reach of children
- Do not save passwords onto your computer. Write them down instead
- Limit the amount of time your children spend online and make use of software to prevent your children from accessing inappropriate material
- There are a number of third party applications available that parents or guardians can use to monitor or restrict the use of their computer's access to the Internet. These include:
- Net Nanny filtering software protects children from inappropriate web content: www.netnanny.com
- CYBERsitter filtering software allowing parents to add their own sites to block: www.cybersitter.com
Support-line for gambling addicts
If you believe that you might be negatively addicted to gambling, we encourage you to seek help through these areas of our website and also contact us through email. You can also contact directly and anonymously the following independent organisations who are professionally trained to help:
- Gamblers anonymous
- Email: email@example.com
- Website: www.gamblersanonymous.org
199games will endeavour to make a Player’s experience with us an enjoyable one. However, there may be occasions where a Player feels dissatisfied with the quality of our product/s or our customer service. A Player may raise a complaint by sending an e-mail to our Customer Service at: Email firstname.lastname@example.org
We will endeavour to handle complaints within 48 hours of receiving them.